Saturday, January 10, 2015

26 Books to Read in 2015

I came across this challenge in Bringing Up Burns and have the listing printed out and hanging on my bulletin board.  Since I have been told to rest the wrist and elevate (to stop swelling and spasms), I pulled out the book for week one - A BOOK I OWN BUT HAVEN'T READ.

Now this was a challenge (not) as I picked up the first book off one of the many piles I have in corners around the house.


The Lavender Garden, by Lucinda Riley,  has two storylines expertly woven together.  And just when I thought I had it figured out, there would be a slight twist to the story and I would be a hair off, which made it an enjoyable read.

Set primarily in southern France, Emilie de la Martinieres has just buried her mother and is faced with settling the family estate.  Enter Sebastian Carruthers who is an art agent and it seems, ties to the estate.  As questions emerge about the past, Emilie discovers more and more about her family's past and the ties to World War II and Constance Carruthers, Sebastian's grandmother.

Over the next few months, as Emilie pieces together the past, she also pieces together her future and the future of the estate.  

A nice read and I am glad I had it in my pile of books to read.  The next item on the list is a BOOK MADE INTO A MOVIE and I just happen to have a copy of Gone Girl on that same pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment.