Thursday, April 11, 2013

Time Untime Not Timely


Sherrilyn Kenyon is one of those authors I follow and have pretty much read everything she has published.  And with the move to Montana and having to sit in a house with no internet and no one else here but me and the dogs, I picked this book up at the grocery store.  And dropped it into the bath as I started reading it.  That should have been an indication of my feelings about this book.  

I love the whole Dark Hunter series and the storyline behind them.  This book was about Dark Hunters, but these Dark Hunters came from North America instead of coming over from Europe.  So there was a lot of Native America and Mayan lore included in the book.  Normally, I would have found all that information interesting, but not this time.  I have missed a couple of books recently which probably set up the characters in the book, so I will have to go back and see what I have missed, but you can read the book without that information.  But it would be interesting to read more about Dark Hunters based on Mesoamerica.  

The first half to two-thirds of the book just seemed to ramble on and on about nothing in particular.  I know it was setting the scene for the crisis of saving the world from ending, but it was just a bunch of 'nothing'.  It did not hold my interest and about three-fourths of it could have been left out and still moved the story along.  The main characters seemed a little flat and their story a bit contrived to fit the plot.

I was really disappointed with this book from Kenyon.  However, I will still read the next book she puts out and reread the older ones.  After all, not everyone can bat a thousand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment.