Sunday, December 21, 2014

All You Can Dream Buffet

I found a new author!  I just finished Barbara O'Neal's latest, All You Can Dream Buffet and it was a feast I could sink my teeth into.


Now I am a sucker for reads about women finding themselves, especially since I feel I am on that same journey myself.  But when a book not only combines the search-for-self, but blogging, photography, food and lavender, it doesn't get much better than that.

Lavender, who just happens to run an organic lavender farm in Oregon, is turning 85.  And she doesn't want the farm falling into her nephews' hands.  So she invites three fellow bloggers she has gotten to know over the past few years.  Each of them are at a crossroads in their life.

Ruby, mid-twenties and pregnant, is needing a place for her and her baby, but she is not sure where that will be.  Valerie, and her teenage daughter, are still coping with the deaths two years earlier of her husband and other two daughters.  And Ginger, after twenty years of marriage, is realizing maybe small town Kansas with people not wanting her to rock the boat with her cake blog and photography, isn't where she wants to be.

Throw in some cute little Airstream trailers, chickens and bees and it is a recipe to savor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment.