Tuesday, May 10, 2016

4 X 4 Diet by Erin Oprea

So, when Lady K is sitting on my bed and tells me 'exercise, exercise', I guess I had better pay attention.  However, my capacity for exercise has the attention span of Lady K, about 5 minutes max. Which is one reason 4 X 4 Diet by Erin Oprea sparked my interest.


Erin Oprea's approach is like the diet and exercise, simple and clean.  One thing which really caught my attention (and I personally like) is she doesn't say "NO" sugar.  She just says 'cut back' on sugar.  Her recipes included in the book show simple substitutes for my favorite ingredient - sugar.

Sometimes when you get a diet book there are all kinds of hoops and tricks you have to do, but this one is fairly straight forward.  And the exercises are simple too.  High intensity, rest, repeat, but only 4 minutes worth.  However, Oprea does encourage getting up and walking more, setting the bar at 10,000 steps, which is what my daily goal is already.

I liked the book and will probably incorporate many of her suggestions, recipes and ideas into my daily life - like drinking more water, for one.   I'll have to work up to the 4 minute workouts though.


"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment.