Monday, October 9, 2017

Gone - by Min Kym



I received a copy of Gone - A Girl, A Violin, A Life Unstrung by Min Kym shortly after our house had burned down and we were in limbo between emergency housing and finding a rental until we found permanent housing. And while the house we lost wasn't a soulmate, it was the home to my daughters, son-in-law, grand daughter and myself.

So in reading this book, I felt I understood a lot of the feelings Min Kym was going through with the loss of her violin. Not to mention it was a priceless Stradivarius.

I think the thing which I really took away from this book is that you really have to go through a loss in your life to understand what it really feels like. In the past, I could empathize with someone who had a major loss, but I didn't know how it felt. Now I do.

But you don't have to go through a loss in your life to pick up this book. At just over 200 pages it makes for a nice read on a rainy afternoon. Preferably with violin music playing slowly in the background.












"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment.