Sunday, June 11, 2017

Jane of Austin by Hillary Manton Lodge


Considering the huge pile of books on the floor beside the bed to read, not counting the ones of the shelves across from the bed, I felt a little guilty about starting this book almost the moment it arrived. I think there was part of me pleased with being able to read a book before it was actually 'released'.

And I am so glad I did!

Written by Hillary Manton Lodge, it's the story of three sisters who head out from San Francisco to Austin, Texas to try and piece together their lives yet again. Tea and scones meet Texas BBQ in a wonderful combination. 

A modern day take on Sense and Sensibility (and probably some Pride and Prejudice too), Celia, Jane and Margot make a move to Austin to start over again, living on the property of a cousin until they can get their feet under them and a new tea shop opened. Sound familiar?

There is also the wounded military officer, haughty wives and sisters and bad-boy romances, all of which make it imperative you curl up on a Sunday afternoon to 'nap' and finish the book. It's so good, I recommended it to my library as a book club selection.

I haven't enjoyed a book this much in a long time. Light, fun reading - perfect with a cup of tea.




"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment.