Wednesday, November 22, 2017

You are the Beloved - Henri J. M. Houwen


Although raised in the Methodist Church and a constant church-goer until my junior year in high school, I do not consider myself Christian. So this book might come as a bit of a surprise as one I requested to review.

Set up as daily meditations on various aspects of life, I found them quite enjoyable. It was easy to replace some of the terminologies with a more generic meaning, or a meaning more suited to my personal beliefs. I also feel one shouldn't hold another's beliefs against them. They are valid to that person and as long as they aren't forcing them on me - blessed be.

Another reason I wanted the book is to forward on to a good friend of mine who is very interested in religion and is strong in her Christian faith. I think it will make a nice gift to pass along.

I enjoyed the quick read on a daily basis and they give you something to think about, regardless of your leanings.










"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment.