Friday, June 24, 2016

Broth & Stock from the Nourished Kitchen by Jennifer McGruther


Like most people, I rely on boxes and cans of stock from the grocery store.  I usually think about making my own when I need some and the cupboard is empty.  But Jennifer McGruber in her new book, Broth & Stock from the Nourished Kitchen, makes me want to fill the stove with pots of simmering liquid.

From using the left over bones from a meal and scraps of veggies to 'trotters' and chicken feet, McGruber makes a case for making and storing your own broth.  The bonus is she gives recipes for then using the broth and stocks as a base for some simply delicious soups.

I can see a lot of soup bowls in my future!



Note:  I received this book from Blogging For Books in exchange for a fair review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment.