Sunday, June 26, 2016

Southern Spirits by Robert F. Moss


I'm a good Southern gal.  Born in Tennessee, raised in Texas, lived in North Carolina for 25 years.  Almost all of my 58 years of living has been in the South.  My first exposure to alcohol was my daddy's bottle of Jack Daniel's.  Every Christmas we gave my grandparents the annual Wild Turkey decanter.  So this book was right up my alley.

Interspersed with recipes for drinks, Moss leads us on a comprehensive review of everything liquor in the South.  From Revolutionary War days to the current trend in craft breweries, we learn everything about what is poured and sipped.

An interesting read, Southern Spirits should be read on the porch with a drink in hand.



"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment.