Sunday, December 4, 2016

Amaro - The Spirited Worlds of Bittersweet, Herbal Liqueurs

I really don't know much about bitters. I do know a local distillery has started producing their own bitters.  So when I had a chance to get ahold of Brad Thomas Parsons new book, Amaro, I was pleased to not only get a history of amaro, but also a volume of fantastic sounding drinks and recipes for using bitters.


A beautiful book filled with recipes for various drinks and the stories behind them, I was particularly taken with the section on how to make my own bitters (and the Autumnal Amaro sounds so good), as well as other recipes using amaro.  Right now, despite the cold in Helena, a Campari Float, made with orange soda, ice cream and Campari sounds like a wonderful slice of summer.

This is a keeper for our drink shelf.


"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment.