Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The Chemist - Stephanie Meyer

If you pick this book up expecting something in the line of The Twilight Saga or a sequel to The Host, you are going to be very disappointed. Nothing paranormal here.


However, if you want a book to keep you on the edge of your seat, then pick up The Chemist.

Alex is on the run and has been for the past three years. On the run from her past employers at a top secret government agency. Hoping to resolve her dilemma she gets involved, quite by accident, with other people and dogs.

I enjoyed the book on one hand. However, I do have a couple of problems with it.  First, it did take me a bit to get into it. It was quite lengthy in describing how she has been protecting herself for the past three years and all the precautions she takes - gas, poison rings and other booby traps. However, part of me feels it is necessary to really understand why she is referred to as The Chemist.

Secondly, I'm not really sure I understand exactly what she was running from or trying to stop from happening and even if was really resolved.

Given my issues with the book, would I recommend it? Absolutely! No sparkling vampires here, but an intense action read, well worth settling in on a cold and snowy winter day with.

By the way, I want a dog like Einstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment.