Sunday, December 4, 2016

Under the Tuscan Sun - Frances Mayes

Twenty years! Where did the time go?


If there is one book I have given away more copies of it's this book. 

This is the book which is responsible for starting my love affair with travel books, it's Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes.

Forget the movie (please, forget the movie) and settle back in a chair, preferably in the sun. I always seem to wind up with a sprig of basil as a bookmark and fix lots of Italian food to eat afterwards.

From the trials of buying property in Italy, to the difficulty of finding people to help restore your new, but falling down, villa, it's a romp through Italy which will have you packing your bags and heading to the airport.

With a new copy of the book in my hands, it's time for a dinner of spaghetti, red wine and fresh bread.

Ciao!


"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment.